The Museum was established in November 2009 and the Official Opening of the Museum was held on 25 February 2010 at the Maronite Heritage Centre in Redfern.
The Patron of the Museum is His Excellency Bishop Ad Abi Karam, Maronite Bishop of Australia.
The Guest Speakers at the Official Opening were:
- Dr Nicholas Hardwick, Curatorial Director (more information about Dr. Hardwick can be found on the Curatorial section of our website);
- Amal Bousamra, Financial Controller, Maronite Chancery and Editor in Chief, Marounia;
- Betty Bou Hamad, Co-ordinator, Maronite Heritage Centre;
- Bruce Green, Barrister-at-Law;
- Cr. Tony Issa, Councillor, Parrammat Cityt Council;
- The Hon. David Clarke MLC, of the New South Wales Legislative Council;
- Joseph Farah, then Vice President (delivering President's Speech in Arabic);
- Peter Zada, then President, Toula Museum of Australia Inc.
Below are some photographs of the grand and memorable event.